Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bittersweet Day

Yesterday was a bittersweet day. We had a moving sale at PJ's Grandma's house. They had to put her in a nursing home a few months ago and now it's time to clean out her house. The kids and I brought home some Christmas bells from her collection and a couple of other things. It will be very hard to watch someone else to live there or tear down her house. I did get some pictures of her house for PJ and to scrap. He has alot of memories from this old house. I think I am going to make a mini-album and interview him about his memories.
Not much else exciting going on here. Back to work tomorrow and Friday night is a date night for hubby and I. We are going to a suprise birthday party for a guy he works with so good fun. I can't wait.

Here is a picture of PJ's grandma's house..

2 comments:

Denise said...

I just moved from a place where both of my children were born (well, not actually born, but...you know what I mean!) and I still haven't been able to scrap about it yet...I miss the little place! A mini album is a great idea.

WriterGirl said...

sounds like you had an emotional day. We did something similar when my dad passed away and it was hard....sending you some good thoughts to get through it.